Ontornet is a group of 6 socially active Lebanese, who got together to demand a better and more reliable internet connection in Lebanon.
- Demand the implementation of an affordable, High Speed Internet with an equivalent quota fair usage policy equally over all the Lebanese territory .
- Assemble and Share Information concerning the Lebanese “Internet” case and Assist the Lebanese community in differentiating the current, the upcoming and the alternative Internet plans and usage characteristics.
- Pressure and monitor for transparency in the implementation and timeline for future Internet projects, contracts and plans in Lebanon
- Random Lebanese Internet Users Infected with Internet service deception, both on the private and corporate level.
- Random Lebanese Internet Users Unhappy with their country missing out on enormous opportunities for economical improvement as well as vital foreign investments due to outdated Internet technology.
- Random Lebanese Internet Users not proud of breaking yet another Official world record as the country with the slowest Internet connection.
- We are researching and sharing all information dedicated to Internet services in Lebanon and its history, shedding light at the Broken Promises given along this timeline.
- We are also showcasing the dilemmas, facts and figures about our current situation, investigating the causes, alternatives as well as the unused or misused existing potential.